Couples Therapyin San Francisco
Couples can work through a lot of issues on their own. When you feel stuck or aren’t even sure where to begin, seeking confidential help from an effective and caring couples therapist can make all the difference.
Maintain a passionate and connected relationship
When two people first fall in love it feels effortless. Passion, connection, joy, and empathy happen automatically. Relationships change over time and partners can grow distant or engage in frequent conflict. Sometimes significant transitions or critical decisions require both partners to get on the same page.
It’s never too late to repair a relationship if both partners are committed and willing to put in the work in couples therapy.
Improve communication and understanding in couples therapy
A perceived sense of stress on the relationship almost always causes communication difficulties and doubts about the relationship may arise. Communication can get confusing and breakdowns happen easily. Couples therapy helps to repair or strengthen your relationship by learning how to communicate and understand each other better.
Couples therapy issues:
In couples therapy you will learn to:
- Identify negative patterns hindering the quality of your relationship
- Shift from blaming each other to collaboration
- Find healthy ways to communicate and connect
- Identify triggers and how to navigate circumstances that lead to problems
- Own your role in conflict or distance by better understanding your own defenses
- Prepare for major relationship life-cycle transitions such as moving into together, getting married, having children, empty nest, and aging well together
- Feel deeply connected to each other again and recreate the love and passion that you experienced early in the relationship
How I approach my work with couples:
I view couples therapy and marriage counseling as extremely collaborative. I create a structured process, where each of your individual viewpoints are respected.
I begin by helping you to establish a new vision for the relationship, which incorporates the needs and wants of both partners. My office becomes a safe haven, where learned communication techniques allow thoughts and feelings to be shared without fear of being blamed, judged, or ignored. I will honestly communicate to you what I see, feel and think in order to bring new insight to relational patterns and restore trust, connection, and romance.